Zmodeler3 Ped Swap

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.

Moderator: madga182

Zmodeler3 Ped Swap

Postby Moonah » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:20 pm

So I've been dealing with ped textures here the last couple months. So last night I decided to download "Zmodeler3" and try out the "15 Day Free Trial". So I started diving into swapping out ped models. I watched what little tutorials there was on Zmodeler3 dealing with peds. Here I've imported "S_M_Y_Sheriff_01.YTF then I imported in "S_M_Y_Sheriff_01.YDD". So everything is good so far. So I import the "S_M_Y_Hwaycop_01" ped, everything aligns up, so I don't have to readjust anything. I basically just "unclick" all the "components" on the Hway cop, except the head. Then I "unclick" all the head components on the Sheriff Ped. Leaving me with all the Sheriff features with the one "Hway cop" ped. So after that, I export it as a .ydd file, but nothing shows up in the file. (The overall goal of this, is to replace all the "Sheriff" ped models with the "Hway" ped models.) Please, any help, I really want to get this down.

Contact me on (Discord) Moonah#6850 if you want to voice/chat on fixing the problem, If it can't be fixed here, thanks.
Attachments
Problem.png
Moonah

Re: Zmodeler3 Ped Swap

Postby Oleg » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:18 am

0Kb is in most of cases an interrupt export process. Very likely you should get an error message in a log bar.
In your particular case, the replaced ".mesh" object is still bind to a skeleton located in original/source branch of hierarchy that is not related to the exported model. You should either bind .mesh object to correct skeleton (.skel located in an export hierarchy branch, quite likely somewhere in head_000_u or something like that), or use a technique with ".global" skeleton.

Using .global branch with skeleton is preferred choice, as any .ydd you will load after given a branch named ".global" will automatically try to bind to a ".skel" object inside ".global". As a result, any ".mesh" object in loaded hierarchy branches will be automatically bind to the only skeleton in scene. Additionally, you can easily check whether bones influence is correct by picking some bone with right-click and using "Skeleton->Current bone" on it. if you set a right forearm bone as current this way, associated geometries should highlight in color a right forearm; color highlight in wrong areas will reveal a need to re-weight bones affection.
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby Moonah » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:58 am

Okay, yeah. I figured out what was causing the issue with "exporting". When you start talking about binding and etc. All this is still new to me lol, Is there a way you draw out steps in order. The goal here is to simply remove the original peds and add more to it. I'll tell you what I'm doing as of now. (1st I load in the "S_M_Y_SHERIFF_01.YTF", 2nd I rename the file to .global and delete the .mesh out of the folder, 3rd I load in the "S_M_Y_SHERIFF_01.YDD", 4th I just unclick the original "Ped heads", 5th I add in my "S_M_Y_HWAYCOP_01.YDD" never loading in the .YTF, 6th I'll unclick all the "Uppers,lowers,acces,etc." leaving just their "Ped heads", 7th I'll export and that's where the problem occurs.) Now I know I'm doing something very wrong and that's not the right way to do it. I'm just clueless on how to get it to work properly and determined to figure it out. Any further help, would be greatly appreciated.
Moonah

Postby Oleg » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:27 am

when you export a model s_m_y_sheriff_01.yft (or .ydd or whatever), the exporter will explore and export components from s_m_y_sheriff branch. it will not dig in other branches like ".global" or "s_m_y_hwaycop_01", regardless of what objects have you ticked on or off (ticking on/off toggles visibility of objects in viewrpot, nothing more).

".global" is a sort of exclusion from what is stated above, because having a .mesh object bind to a skeleton located in ".global" will toggle specific export scenario of entire .skel skeleton from .global be exported into a file (.yft or .ydd). In all other cases, only a branch matching the exported file name will participate in export.

In your "steps", you should deal with "drag and drop" of objects rather than ticking them on/off.
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby Moonah » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:26 am

Okay, thanks. Things are starting to make more sense. So basically what I did was take the .skel from the original ped and place it in the updated one and delete the original ped from the section and place the new one in. I exported the files and placed them in "OpenIV" and everything matched up. The ped was there but it didn't show a texture it was just a "white" figure. looked in the texture dictionary and tried to replace the texture files with what they was supposed to be and still "nothing". problem occurring when exporting is when I export the .YDD/YFT, I'm getting this. I tested only "1" head with drag and dropping deleting the original head.

Failed to locate texture "givemechecker.dds".
Failed to locate texture "env.dds".
Missing requried texture in "BUMPMAP" on material "decl_diff_000_a_uni".
Missing requried texture in "SPECMAP" on material "decl_diff_000_a_uni".
Missing requried texture in "BUMPMAP" on material "decl_diff_001_a_uni".
Missing requried texture in "SPECMAP" on material "decl_diff_001_a_uni".
Exported all lods. Dictionary entries: 14. Embedded textures: 0.
Unknown object name "accs_000_u". Using random ID: it might not work correctly in game script.
Unknown object name "accs_002_u". Using random ID: it might not work correctly in game script.
Unknown object name "head_002_r". Using random ID: it might not work correctly in game script.
Unknown object name "uppr_000_r". Using random ID: it might not work correctly in game script.
Unknown object name "accs_001_u". Using random ID: it might not work correctly in game script.
Unknown object name "task_001_u". Using random ID: it might not work correctly in game script.
Unknown object name "task_002_u". Using random ID: it might not work correctly in game script.
Unknown object name "uppr_001_u". Using random ID: it might not work correctly in game script.
Unknown object name "decl_000_u". Using random ID: it might not work correctly in game script.
Unknown object name "head_001_r". Using random ID: it might not work correctly in game script.
Unknown object name "task_000_u". Using random ID: it might not work correctly in game script.
Unknown object name "decl_001_u". Using random ID: it might not work correctly in game script.
Unknown object name "head_000_r". Using random ID: it might not work correctly in game script.
Exported all lods. Hierarchy elements: 418. Collision elements: 0. Materials used: 27. Embedded textures: 0.
Moonah

Postby Oleg » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:45 am

an error like "Unknown object name accs_000_u" means exporter considers "accs_000_u" to be a part of skeleton/bone, which is wrong. I assume you've messed hierarchy when drag&dropped items. You were expected to drag&drop .mesh objects.

In particular, correct hierarchy should look something like this:
s_m_y_hwaycop_01 ->
accs_000_u -> .mesh
head_002_r -> .mesh
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby Moonah » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:59 am

I've tried every way, drag and dropping the .mesh and still nothing.
Moonah

Postby Oleg » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:19 am

show me a screenshot of hierarchy that you are exporting.

edit:

ohh, you are probably exporting a .yft file from a hierarchy that contains all these accs_000_r, head_000_r and such? it's wrong. the branch that goes to .yft file should contain ".skel" object only.

in particular, I would do this by renaming ".global" to "s_m_y_hwaycop_01" before exporting .yft
exporter will pick the first branch matching file name on export (so even if it will be followed by another "s_m_y_hwaycop_01" with components of YDD file, it's ok). Before exporting YDD rename it back to .global
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby Moonah » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:19 pm

So I followed your steps and I think we're getting somewhere. Still having an issue where the texture is white on the ped. The ped shows in "OpenIV" but is still white. These are what I'm getting when exporting the ".YDD" (White Texture in OpenIV - https://gyazo.com/dcfbe88f35197836d59db9d573aea28c)

Exported all lods. Dictionary entries: 14. Embedded textures: 0.
Moonah

Postby Oleg » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:44 am

the model misses to find a required texture. in particular, the texture from the ped you've taken head/hands from.
also, most of ped components can use just one texture (e.g. each uppr and each lowr components is constrined to use just one texture residing in a separate .ytd files) - this lets the game make peds randomization so they appear with different textures/skins/outfit.
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby Moonah » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:43 am

So am I on the right track? and what's the fix to fixing the texture?
Moonah

Postby Oleg » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:14 am

put the correct texture into original .ytd and give it a name of original texture name first. so, you don't "add new texture", but "replace original texture". You should replace in zmodeler before export and in Open IV too.
Oleg
Site Admin

Return to Grand Theft Auto V