This post relates to filter prior to version 2.2.3 Build 162 (supplied with ZModeler 2.2.3 Build 970). If you are using the latest filter, please refer this thread
ETS filter user gude
PMG filter was upgraded to support ETS. Other titles (export) might not work correctly. If you don't need ETS support, keep an older version of the filter instead of the newer one.
http://updates.zmodeler2.com/files/conv ... 1.1.119.gz
(old version). unzip to "Filters\ConvoyPMG.zmf" file.
I've made dozen of changes in the filter and not sure whether previouse versions are handled properly now. I don't have 18wos games (except ETS) at the moment, so test only older versions.
Please refer to PMG filter guides from previouse titles (Convoy/Haulin) for detailed description. Only changes or new features will be described below.
Features and limitations.
1. Object names has changed slightly. "Variations" are now available. So, if (AB) or (C) or similar stuff appears in a tail of an object name, this means that object will be available in "variant A and B", or "variant C" and so on. Thus, for example, you can create "collision (AC)" node and place collision data for variants A and C; create a node "collision (B)" and place different collision data for variant B of the truck. This feature applies to visual objects too: place variations letters in top-level group-nodes.
2. Certain objects will stay prompted as "unknown object" and will appear as "obj:0x****, x***" in objects browser.
3. Material names has changed. exact shader name is written in brackets while full path to main texture is written in the beginning. E.g.:
Thus, you can specify that certain texture is "common" or "shared":
(of cause filter will expect "metall.dds" texture to be used in such a material)
4. Texture mapping:addressing mode is now exported in .tobj file. You can use Clamp, Wrap and Mirror texture addressing modes.
5. Texture filtering (Linear or Point) is now exported in .tobj file. Preferably to set MIN, MAG and MIP filtering to the same values at a time.
6. Reflection level of environment can be adjusted with "Const Color" slider.
7. ETS trailers export is NOT SUPPORTED.
Remarks regarding ETS support
Please, copy all "truck" files (PMG, PMD and PMC) into proper truck name files. e.g.
folder should contain renault_magnum.pmg
instead of "truck.pmg" when importing.
Second, export to proper truck name file too. E.g. export to renault_magnum.pmg
and then rename renault_magnum
files (PMG, PMD, PMC) to truck
Have a nice day!