Ripping cars from Gran Turismo

Post suggestions or wishes on tools and features for zmodeler2 here. Improvements you want to see are also welcome.

Moderators: Oleg, _RicH_

Ripping cars from Gran Turismo

Postby striking_shadow » Sat Oct 15, 2005 11:05 pm

There is anyway for extract the car mesh data from Gran Turismo 4? Im waiting for my copy of GT4 but if theres anyone that know it please say to me. I saw that one guy called Sakaki converted a Mazda RX-7 from GT4 to San Andreas, that says the readme.txt of that car. Please I need real help, if anyone can help me I will greet him or her a lot. Thank you. And Oleg if you can make any filter for GT4, thank you so much!! :D
striking_shadow

Postby Stew2000 » Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:26 am

How is that possible :?:
PS2 to PC?
If it is possible then please tell me how!
Stew2000

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:22 am

Theres a program called extractor.exe for GT3. Ppl with GT4 rename the gt4.vol to gt3.vol, and then extract the files inside the renamed gt4.vol.
Anyway, here are the supposed extracted cars: http://vcmod.hp.infoseek.co.jp/mod/download.html

And heres the part of the readme from the RX7 made by Torzer (SPC), convertor of the Sakaki's cars for Vice City to San Andreas that says is converted from GT4:

Mazda RX-7

Original author: Sakaki, converted from GT4
http://vcmod.hp.infoseek.co.jp

Converted to San Andreas by Torzer (torzer@tut.by)
Features:
- Replaces ZR-350
- Functional front/rear lights textures
- Animated pop-up front lights
- Custom shadow and collision
- Tuningable at Transfender

[...]

Don't host this car without my permission!!!

And thanx to everyone, whom I should thank to... ;)

But as you can imagine, Sakaki's website (http://vcmod.hp.infoseek.co.jp) is in Japanease, so I cant read Japanease (Im spanish girl LOL), anyway, if theres anyone that can help us, needs to be Sakaki or Oleg making a filter if he can. I guess, only by the functionality of the game, that GT3 and GT4 should be the same format, the only differences are the amount of cars, menus and gameplay modes i guess.

Unfortunatelly i dont remember from where i downloaded the file, so i hosted the file on the net, heres the link: http://www.easy-sharing.com/34896/Extract.zip.html

Hope that anyone can help us, Stew2000 and me are waiting answer. Thanx ppl :) :) :)

Postby Stew2000 » Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:36 am

Hi folks, I've got a little way forward.

Insert GT4 CD into DVD Drive,
Windows should automatically open into a folder,
Copy files onto Hard Drive, E.G: C:/GT4/CD,
Download GTFS
Copy GT4.vol a new folder, E.G: C:/GT4/vol file,
Rename GT4.vol to GT3.vol,
Copy GTFS Extract into C:/GT4/vol file folder,
Run GTFS Extract and wait.

This is as far as I have got, any more info would be helpful.
Stew2000

Postby striking_shadow » Mon Oct 17, 2005 3:02 am

sorry the last post was me, striking_shadow
striking_shadow

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 18, 2005 3:22 am

Could someone possibly post a file or send to this address 02.richard@gmail.com some cars from any of the GT games? to open in zmodeler. Thanks.

Postby striking_shadow » Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:41 am

i dont know if Oleg can make a filter, so we can ask him, Oleg if you can make a filter, we please you make a filter for GT3 & GT4 files (should to be the same formats), and if you need some files you can ask me at: striking_shadow@hotmail.com. Thanx. If there is anyone else that can help us, any information is good, so thank you. And thank you too Oleg for reading me :P
striking_shadow

Postby - » Sat Nov 05, 2005 6:38 am

Anonymous wrote:Unfortunatelly i dont remember from where i downloaded the file, so i hosted the file on the net, heres the link: http://www.easy-sharing.com/34896/Extract.zip.html

you downloaded it from these forums... because thats the file which i posted @ one topic at these forums for month or two ago 8)

btw. why dont you guys just ask hows Sakaki haves done those convesions? :roll:
...heres his e-mail vcmod@infoseek.jp
-

Postby striking_shadow » Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:42 am

Because... Sakaki is japanease, and i dont know japanease and its his work so... i dont guess if he can say it, but i will try :D thanx for the idea, friend!!
striking_shadow

Postby - » Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:49 pm

striking_shadow wrote:Because... Sakaki is japanease, and i dont know japanease and its his work so... i dont guess if he can say it, but i will try :D thanx for the idea, friend!!

you know that japanese ppl can also write & speak english :roll: (well everyone that i know can) :wink:
-

Postby Oleg » Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:47 pm

that's why you know them. :)
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:06 pm

I used the google translator on his site and didn't get much from it. heres the link if you want to see.

http://translate.google.com/translate?u ... uage_tools

Postby Palex » Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:17 pm

As far as i remember, Oleg stopped working on GT filters after he did the GT2 filter. If the info was the same then i wouldn't be a problem for him to do a new one, but i'm afraid that isn't the case... Although i must say it would be a ground-breaking thing if he could pull off a filter for GT3 and GT4 (+ concept lol).
As for that japanese guy, are you sure the cars aer from GT4?GT4 doesn't have an interior and those cars ahve.
Palex

Postby SeaNorris » Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:44 pm

GT4 cars do have interiors.
SeaNorris

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:45 pm

yeah....simple ones, shadow-like.

Postby striking_shadow » Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:19 am

ye... but think about this: Sakaki probably designed the interior or ripped it from any thing. And for GTII filter, i downloaded GT2, downloaded GT2Vol.exe, checked a random model (was a toyota altezza) and the cars are extremely low-poly, ppl. More info: As i guess, GT3, GTC and GT4 should be the same format of file, and the same physics i guess. From here i ask Oleg too for make a filter if he have time, i can send him files and he has got our collaboration, isnt joke, we are talking about 700 cars... Oleg please, tell us if you gonna make filter or not, ok? thanx.
striking_shadow

Postby - » Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:22 am

striking_shadow wrote:From here i ask Oleg too for make a filter if he have time, i can send him files and he has got our collaboration, isnt joke, we are talking about 700 cars... Oleg please, tell us if you gonna make filter or not, ok? thanx.

yep, i can send those files too, as i said before i have GT4 vol (extracted) on my hdd already :twisted
-

Postby Stew2000 » Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:20 am

- wrote:
striking_shadow wrote:From here i ask Oleg too for make a filter if he have time, i can send him files and he has got our collaboration, isnt joke, we are talking about 700 cars... Oleg please, tell us if you gonna make filter or not, ok? thanx.

yep, i can send those files too, as i said before i have GT4 vol (extracted) on my hdd already :twisted

I think most of us do now, we just don't know what to open the files as, or with.
Stew2000

Postby SeaNorris » Sat Nov 19, 2005 2:12 am

The convertible cars have proper interiors of course, since the roof came down in the latest game.
SeaNorris

Postby Palex » Sat Nov 19, 2005 5:27 am

Lol GT2 cars have 270 polies. They're only good for ultra-low LODs .

Well here's the thing: GT3 car files are divided into 3 folders (day, evening, night) and each folder as 277 files...well, gt3 has more than 277 so they must be packed.

GT4: on folder called 'Car' with 2 subfolders: 'pack1' and 'pack2'... inside those folders are files that always start with 'pk', so they must be packed... and each file is aroud 300kb.
However, there's another folder called 'CRS' that has 64 files that are 260Mb+- alltogether.
Palex

Postby Palex » Sat Nov 19, 2005 5:28 am

ah, forgot to say that both GT3 and GT4 files have no ending (as in .sth)
Palex

Postby striking_shadow » Wed Nov 23, 2005 4:02 am

thanx Palex for the information. Remember people, any kind of information about thistopic will be good for continue planning. Please, keep replying and helping us. Thanks.
striking_shadow

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 23, 2005 4:39 am

Palex wrote:Well here's the thing: GT3 car files are divided into 3 folders (day, evening, night) and each folder as 277 files...well, gt3 has more than 277 so they must be packed.

packed hhm maybe not, i would say theres just bunch of alternate textures.

theres just multiple versions of some cars with same 3d model but different textures. :wink:

Postby striking_shadow » Fri Nov 25, 2005 12:12 am

One friend told me that some 3D wheel models of GT3 are a kinda of capped cylinder. The 'main' texture should to be some image with alpha, and inside the 3D model, the brake disc, probably is only a flat square with the same technique of the wheel: texture & alpha. Anyway, in the menus seems to be complete 3D wheels, i mean that in-game wheels may be LOD wheels and menus should to have higher definition than the in-game wheels, cuz they look better. More things about this topic: There are no interiors, as you can know, and probably uses a 'shadow' for define the most important things of the interior: like the front seats and the driver's head. Should use an extra-opaque with no reflection & no kind of shining. I readed that thera re some folders with the cars, I think there will be the same model but with different textures, for example, A Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VII stock-version, and the Mitsubish Lancer Evolution VII with the Rally Version, as the Nissan Skyline GT-R stock version, should appear the Calsonic Skyline GT-R, or the TOM'S Toyota Supra, for example. I think in GT4 these folders may have bigger size, because the amount of cars (700+). Oleg, in some reply said that won't be easy to work with GT3, GT4 Prologue and GT4. I think that someone said that the files are compressed, and when it goes uncompressed, the file hasnt got any extension (I mean in both GT3 & GT4). Maybe the car files are encoded. Im begging all the people can help us on this 'semi-project' XD, cuz i said before, we are talkin'bout 700+ cars. And give us info as early as you can.
striking_shadow

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:01 pm

please ladies & gentleman reply more info...

Next

Return to Suggestions, Wishes, Requests