NFS PROSTREET error

ZModeler2-related discussion. General questions, howto, etc.

Moderators: Oleg, _RicH_

NFS PROSTREET error

Postby RICO592 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:54 am

Heyyy....
Im quite familiar with the use of zmodeler 2 for modding and i recently got a copy of need for speed prostreet
ive seen some people import and convert the models to other games so i decided to try it for myself.....
when i import the NSFPS model, zmodeler displays:
Texture #0 with ID 0x69c032b9 not found for material Unnamed material 0x0.
Texture #0 with ID 0x69c032b9 not found for material Unnamed material 0x0.
the model imports correctly and so do the textures but there is no material and the textures do not map correctly when applied.....
:?: :?: :?: :?:
if anyone knows what causes this i would be grateful...
Last edited by RICO592 on Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
RICO592

Re: NFP PROSTREET error

Postby Oleg » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:37 am

there were several versions of NFS using "Geometry.bin" and "Textures.bin" files, and several versions of zmodeler2 import plugin. I suppose you need a specific version of plugin in order to import prostreet models. Also, the work was not finished on the subject and it's quite possible the import will suffer if incorrect materials assignment and/or mapping. An imported model might require some work to fit materials and textures; in most of cases you need to locate and proper material and assign proper texture onto it, it will be enough. in rare cases, you might need to mess with UV channels like changing "Manual UV#1" to "Manual UV#2". It was a long time ago, I can't remind all details and aspects of this task.
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: NFP PROSTREET error

Postby RICO592 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:39 am

Oleg wrote:there were several versions of NFS using "Geometry.bin" and "Textures.bin" files, and several versions of zmodeler2 import plugin. I suppose you need a specific version of plugin in order to import prostreet models. Also, the work was not finished on the subject and it's quite possible the import will suffer if incorrect materials assignment and/or mapping. An imported model might require some work to fit materials and textures; in most of cases you need to locate and proper material and assign proper texture onto it, it will be enough. in rare cases, you might need to mess with UV channels like changing "Manual UV#1" to "Manual UV#2". It was a long time ago, I can't remind all details and aspects of this task.

ive tried this many times.......it doesnt work
when i apply the texture to the material (i had to create since no materials were imported) it shows black....
ive tried messing with the UV channels but no luck..........
RICO592

Return to ZModeler2 General Discussion