See UV-mapped objects.

ZModeler2-related discussion. General questions, howto, etc.

Moderators: Oleg, _RicH_

See UV-mapped objects.

Postby Automan » Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:08 am

Yesterday I happened by haphazard to have this situation useful, to visualize how were uv-mapped other 3D than the one in the works, but I can not reproduce it:
It is a miracle or is there a method? ... :D
Automan
Beginner

Re: See UV-mapped objects.

Postby Oleg » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:22 am

when you use "Edit UV" tool, it accumulates uv-mapping layout charts inside UV Mapper window, so you can see and edit UV layouts for different objects at the same time (in case you need to edit them simultaneously, or need to snap one to another). Just mind that closing the UV Mapper window will clear it: e.g. when you change all viewports and no more UV Mapper window among them, it gets cleared of all accumulated charts. Maximizing view is an exception, it's not related here.

Also, the "Force material" option in "Edit UV" tool is designed solely to let you bring all charts onto one material regardless of actual material assignment in scene; in particular this could be used when messing with different objects using different materials while common uv layout is needed for them.
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby Automan » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:25 pm

Thanks Oleg! :D
But there is a way to see the 3D that are already UV-mapped when imported, that do not I do the UV-mapping,
along with a 3D to which I'm doing instead UV-mapping?
Automan
Beginner

Postby Oleg » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:40 pm

Edit UV can bring old mapping int UV Mapper. or what was your question about?
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby Automan » Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:12 am

In my conversion GTA-V vehicles for GTA SA, I use the low-poly model.
But the tuning parts are always high-poly.
So, for example, I use the low-poly spoiler of XBox360, if there is the same pattern, and I make them UV-mapping:
On this occasion I could see how it had been done the UV-magging also lyx_wing_1_ng, without having done anything about it. :)
Automan
Beginner

Postby Oleg » Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:05 pm

use Edit UV on hi-poly object with "Keep old mapping" + "Disable old mapping"; then use Edit UV on low-poly object with "generate new" and "from viewport XY".

then open UV mapper and pick desired material (or the one that was set in "Force material" option). you should see an original mapping (dimmed/disabled/non-editable) and your new mapping ready for editing.

and there is no way to copy UV mapping from high-detailed model onto the low-detailed model even thought they are identical in some point of view.
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby Automan » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:31 pm

Yep!, is very good! :D
Automan
Beginner

Return to ZModeler2 General Discussion