Ped crash

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.

Moderator: madga182

Ped crash

Postby lawdy » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:45 am

Hello!

So I've made edits to a ped model but now I can't spawn it as an NPC. I've tried editing the base value, between 50 and 200 but it doesn't help.
I can change my player model to the new model fine but when I spawn it as an NPC it will give an error/crash the trainer and sometimes the whole game depening on what trainer I use.
I can also duplicate my playermodel a a bodyguard/ped which works fine, but spawning it as a new NPC does not work.

BUT if I for example drive a car to where the ped should spawn, it will collide with the car and then spawn in. As you can see playing as the ped works, but not spawning it as NPC. First I spawn a different ped to see where it spawns, and then the new one. Video:

Any ideas what this could be is appreciated :) In zmod I've tried setting it like this and also by importing the skeleton and renaming it to .global
setup.png
setup.png (32.52 KiB) Viewed 107 times
lawdy

Re: Ped crash

Postby Oleg » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:34 am

is .yft file changed or original? I got a report .yft file changing causes game crash since last update. using original .yft and modded .ydd is ok.
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Ped crash

Postby lawdy » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:18 am

Oleg wrote:is .yft file changed or original? I got a report .yft file changing causes game crash since last update. using original .yft and modded .ydd is ok.

It is an original skeleton, but from a different ped. After doing a little research this might be caused by my edited .ymt meta file. Seems you can't just add a new Item in there in order to add components, but also need to add some other entries for everything to work. Will post again when I know for sure if that's the cause or not.
lawdy

Return to Grand Theft Auto V