Trophy truck suspension not supported in ZM3

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.

Moderator: madga182

Trophy truck suspension not supported in ZM3

Postby C10Frost » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:49 pm

While working on another mod, I was trying to replicate how the trophy truck's suspension is setup, but couldn't seem to get it to work. So I imported the stock trophy truck, exported and got this.

Is there some kind of vertex ID or something like that, which tells the game that the they're supposed to be part of the suspension when attached to the chassis? (and vice versa)
Location of the trophy truck is update/x64/dlcpacks/mpstunt/dlc/x64/levels/gta5/vehicles.

If you have the time, would you be inclined to taking a look into this?

Here's the issue I'm having:

And this is the original model:
C10Frost

Re: Trophy truck suspension not supported in ZM3

Postby Oleg » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:36 pm

it should be edited in non-slice mode, when entire object is a single .mesh object.
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby C10Frost » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:56 am

That makes sense, thanks Oleg!

Edit, I've ungrouped the .mesh but don't really know exactly what I'm looking for or how to make the suspension work properly. I hate to be that guy, but what would be the next step?
C10Frost

Postby Oleg » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:50 am

editing non-sliced geometry is very alike to editing skeleton-rigged ped model. you need to mess around with bones and their influence. there was a topic on "lowride suspension" with very the same issue, I've posted there a detailed explanation.

Edit: it's here: viewtopic.php?p=48725#p48725
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby C10Frost » Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:19 pm

Okay, so I've imported the unsliced model, and attempted to select the vertices to paint them, but I can't select the verts on anything unless I ungroup the .mesh file, and then ZM gives and error indicating that 'part.o.L1 is not binded to skeleton'
C10Frost

Postby Oleg » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:50 pm

dismiss, ungroup, bind parts to skeleton manually, paint;
group, convert to compound, export.
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby C10Frost » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:50 am

I hate to be that guy, but once I've done as you mentioned, nothing on the model changes ingame after exporting, do I have to do the same on both the base .yft, and the _hi models, or is there something else I'm missing?

I've never done any kind of ped editing/modding so this is all new to me.
C10Frost

Postby Oleg » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:03 am

the game takes skeleton/bones and collision from base .yft file and applies geometry from _hi.yft file. So if your changes are visual geometry objects changes, you have to do changes in _hi.yft file. However, an export will lay skeleton in a little different way, so original base.yft file will contain mismatching skeleton (e.g. hood will open instead of the door or a window will spin instead of the wheel etc.). In summary, you have to update/export both files, base.yft and _hi.yft file. you can make changes in geometry of _hi.yft file only, but preferable, lower LODs (those that go to base.yft) should have geometry changes too.
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby C10Frost » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:06 pm

Okay, so after getting everything all setup and exporting there's still no working suspension ingame, I checked the model after compounding, and it's no longer grouped to the skel, is this normal?
C10Frost

Postby Oleg » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:20 pm

you can reimport model and check whether it behaves the way shown here: viewtopic.php?p=48725#p48725
moving skeleton bone in non-setup mode should affect geometry. the game will do the same.
Oleg
Site Admin

Return to Grand Theft Auto V