Troubles with Extras Collisions

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.

Moderator: madga182

Troubles with Extras Collisions

Postby XBR410 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:34 am

Hey everyone,

I'm currently working on a new Tower Ladder fire truck that I just recently got into game successfully, my issue is after I made an extra as the ladder raised and extended all the way up with a Collision.. the Wheels are gone the doors won't open, and you can walk through the truck but get stuck. I'm not sure if my issue is that I set up the COL's somehow, ( extra_2 - extra_2 [COL] ) or if its because I have a Collision spanning about 100' over the truck.. I would really like to get this to work, if anyone could help me out I would greatly appreciate it, here are some pictures:

https://gyazo.com/bb15d144a09e81d2559ce14fd2528c6e
https://gyazo.com/d96cd139b24e63b51f82a051441a6089
earlier pic when the truck worked (before I added ladder feature): https://gyazo.com/86108f33dc9a52dbfebd5c00d6762d5e
XBR410

Re: Troubles with Extras Collisions

Postby tall70 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:38 pm

Do your Collision models have standard e and mass values? Also i have similar problem i explained in my post below where after export vehicle doesn't have wheels, it's out of control sliding around and you can't enter it. If I re-export same file without any changes, it gets fixed. This happens to me totally random.
tall70
Beginner

Postby XBR410 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:55 pm

I Haven't set any value for e but I did mess with the mass value wondering if maybe the wheels were breaking due to the COLs possibly being too heavy, that didn't fix anything but yeah I never set a value for e, mass is set to 0.5 to test out if it was too heavy..

and I can also report that wheel issue but its only happened to me on this specific model.
XBR410

Postby tall70 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:06 am

No no I believe I am wrong, because E and mass values seems to be set automatically in the last versions of ZM. But I do have export issues, when sometimes my vehicle has no wheels I can't enter it and it floats above the ground, then I re export same file without any changes and it's suddenly all fine. I also had other Collision problems which I don't think it had similar defects and that was a related to making separate Collision pieces like some original GTA V trucks have. So other than that hopefully Oleg will have better ideas
tall70
Beginner

Postby XBR410 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:39 am

Hey I have an update, I replaced the COL's and tried a few different things and learned something. the truck works fine when COL's for the ladder are removed, when I replaced them with COL's with properties etc. the problem reoccurred, wheels disappeared and it seemed like the game was rejecting all of the COL's.. you could walk through the truck again.. Could it be due to the height of the COL for the ladder in the raised position?

here is a screen of the properties for the current COL's for extra_1 and extra_2 which are both the ladder in the down position and up, with full extension.
https://gyazo.com/51afc6cf4261c5a70d833fa6103dd65f

here is a picture of all of the COL's for the model
https://gyazo.com/dd239b39733d0316996900638122f0a4

here is a picture of how I have the hierarchy set up extras 1 and 2 are the ladders.
https://gyazo.com/0b52b6f38c434f97c4f4389bd8eb51e2

im really determined to get this to work but have no clue what the issue is, any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated

SECOND UPDATE: I did another test with the ladder COL's, the COL when the ladder is up is what is causing the issue, the COL for the ladder in the down position works fine. is there a way to get it work? or is there a limit to the size or how high a COL can be?
XBR410

Postby tall70 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:19 am

Try build your collision box from existing original piece like door and reshape it in vertex mode, if you built it yourself, just in case it has something missing. It looks on your pictures of your collision models they're little dark in some areas like they facing wrong. They supposed to be flat shaded with calculated normals, axis reset to the parent

You can also try untick deformable, thats how original R* walk on collision for vehicles is set, it's also less demanding on performance and stability of game. However that setting would also lose colliding with map and other surface objects.

Other than that there is a possibility Collision reaching that high is causing this kind of problems, I never had anything like that to compare.
tall70
Beginner

Postby XBR410 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:28 am

Interesting Development...

Tried some different things and ended up getting the COL's for the ladders themselves to work, however the chassis COL is still gone, yet the wheels are fine, will let the player hop over the wheels as if it were a low wall if you attempt to jump on top of the truck.. and the doors also work fine, seems to me that only the chassis COL is broken now, any ideas? I'm going to replace it next and see if I can get it to work

again, the raised up ladder COL does in fact work
XBR410

Postby tall70 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:33 pm

Wait you have a problem with chassis Collision also?... do you mean player walks through it? If player walks through it but it does hit objects like a vehicles and buildings, you going to have to create copy of a chassis Collision and untick deformable, you going to have to have both of them just like boats do, group it before convert to compound.
tall70
Beginner

Postby XBR410 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:28 am

I'll try that thanks, yeah every collision on the vehicle wasn't working, then yesterday I was able to get everything but the chassis collision to work
XBR410

Postby XBR410 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:40 am

unfortunately this did not fix my situation.. I also attempted to take a COL from a R* vehicle of similar size and the same issue persists, although the ladder COL, all of the doors, the bumpers and the wheels all work fine..
XBR410

Postby tall70 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:07 am

So you made a copy of a chassis collision, then it has to be flat shaded, because copy doesn't copy that setting, then you have to make sure one of them has a deformable ON, and the other has to have deformable OFF, they both have to have calculated normals and the reset to the parent. Then you select them both, group them and convert to compound.... even you would take original Collision model from something you would still have to make the copy and group them, you only don't do it if your existing Collision with deformable on, is already functioning properly for all functions,
tall70
Beginner

Postby XBR410 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:48 pm

Tried that the exact way you suggested and I still have this issue, I can also report that one other vehicle I made before this truck has the same issue, chassis COL not working however everything else does, it also had a COL in an extra. In an attempt to get the vehicle in a FiveM server, it gave me this error code. https://i.imgur.com/MFrSByF.png

I've also made some other vehicles in between trying to get this truck to work, both of them work fine.. when importing a COL from one of those vehicles and replacing it into the truck, it doesn't fix anything unfortunately. this is the error code its giving me https://i.imgur.com/JPvPJh9.png..

the poly 0 edge part catches my eye.. I can confirm that the "when there are only 12" is referring to the chassis COL..

and a question regarding this, I noticed that the chassis_lowlod COL is the same as the regular chassis COL and I've been replacing/"fixing" the lowlod COL's along with the chassis COL's i.e. I grouped it as two, one with deformable on and one with deformable off just like the chassis COL, could that be what I'm doing wrong?
XBR410

Postby XBR410 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:41 pm

removal of the extras collisions, fixes the problem of the chassis collisions being ignored, its as if the extras collisions are over riding the chassis collision
XBR410

Postby Oleg » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:20 am

is this an error of zmodeler export or a bad handling of collision on FiveM? I actually don't know what "FiveM" is and how do they get these error reports (are these error coming from game libraries/executable, or they have their own model loader/validator for .yft files?)
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby tall70 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:36 am

Ok, try another thing, because i had strange problem with collisions in little different way. I had ignored about 4 extras, they grouped from 6 separate extras into 2 and spawned all together. Until i removed one of them, it didn't matter which one. So i chose to remove extra12 coffee cup, bam, mission accomplished, all 6 collisions came back to life in proper intended way....So maybe you can try something similar....IDK if my problem was related to poly limit on some lod or who knows what it was.
tall70
Beginner

Postby tall70 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:40 pm

Yeah, i wonder if your issue was in poly limits.

I just recently experienced totally random malfunctions due to poly limit reaching max on low lods. I would remove little, but not enough and it would change malfunctions little different. Sometimes player would fall through on entry, like there is no seat dummy, sometimes doors would relocate or player would sit in totally different spot, It would always do same bug until i change poly count. Then if i would remove these lods to test, everything would go to regular state. My second malfunction was related to door placement in hierarchy. While doors were relocated due to poly limits, I moved door component up in hierarchy to test difference, however after i removed lods causing problems, doors cam back to place, but all 4 landing gears (it's plane) would close to center dummy, totally unrelated stuff. I moved door in hierarchy back where it was, landing gears fixed back to normal, and all works fine, i just have to do much better work on lowering lods.

Lessen for me is lods poly count close to max can do completely random malfunctions on any component, so when that starts suddenly happening, lods have to be checked, temporarily removed for testing, or properly adjusted.
tall70
Beginner

Postby Oleg » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:48 pm

@tall70, have you tried zmod 3.2.0 beta? it has a fix BVH meshes export, at least the error with "polyX referring to vertex Y when there are only Z" should be fixed.
Oleg
Site Admin

Return to Grand Theft Auto V