Weird taillight coronas & rear bumper shading issue

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.

Moderator: madga182

Weird taillight coronas & rear bumper shading issue

Postby Algonquin_Hood » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:01 am

Hello, I have the following issues with my mod:
Whenever I apply tail or brakelights theres 3 coronas instead of one center (car only has taillight, so brakelight is together with it) and I can't get around fixing it. I tried adjusting corona settings in the carcols files aswell, but no luck there.
b15ead46e496869c54707c948a0524ce.png

Another issue is the shading on the back bumper, I don't know exactly what happened, but pictures say more than a thousand words.
ef1d0a224e748f1c787d827da7f4a1db.png

Another minor issue is that my cars stock wheels are all chrome even though I'd like them to be normal and paintable. The material for those is set up as vehicle_generic_tyrewallblack [PAINT:4] with respective textures, using vehicle_tire shader.
Thanks in advance!
Algonquin_Hood

Re: Weird taillight coronas & rear bumper shading issue

Postby Oleg » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:45 pm

light coronas are defined in vehicle's metadata file, light objects specify center/position of light only (of actual emitting light source).

concerning the shading on bumper, it is probably affected by incorrect normals; use surface\normals\calculate tool to refine it. if you are unsatisfied with shading, break all vertices apart (select all, modify\break) and weld them again with modify weld (option multiple targets = on).
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby Mastarius » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:05 pm

Oleg wrote:light coronas are defined in vehicle's metadata file, light objects specify center/position of light only (of actual emitting light source).

Hello, Oleg.

I have the same problem. but with the buffalo2, could you explain how to modify the vehicles.meta file :oops:
Mastarius

Postby tall70 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:00 am

It's in carvariations.meta, that has nothing to do with zmodeler, just letting you know. You can download some modded one and compare it with original in diffchecker. There is a line for Vehicle Group you using which says number of Coronas, it needs to be set to zero if you don't want any. That will remove Coronas, but keep emitter and preserve breakability of flight. Of course you can just make emissive polygons, and the vehicle main dummy will still emitt little red light behind the vehicle on the road, but it would also not be breakable
tall70
Beginner

Return to Grand Theft Auto V