Breakable vehicle Mirrors

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.

Moderator: madga182

Breakable vehicle Mirrors

Postby tall70 » Sun May 14, 2017 6:19 am

Hate to take your time with question like this, but i hit wall with this....

I used misc glass to make breakable mirrors and it's almost perfect, using standard nice mirror textures, black detail white spec, but couldn't use blank bump, since it's glass. It has good reflection, but it's much darker then mesh mirror. I tried to guess what settings in material could make it brighter like some mesh shader settings no alpha, source destination presets, tried brighter ambient diffuse colors, tried brighter detail (makes it just faded gray), but non of it made brighter mirror similar to mesh.

Would you please have any suggestions to brighten this, OR would be possible to add shader with combination of breaking and mesh, or add breaking to mesh shader?

And also i have never used CWGV files for this and other models and all glass breaks properly including these little glass mirrors

EDIT-EDIT-EDIT ....OK i resolved this, but i'm gonna leave it here just so you can see this.....I left all glass CRASH settings and switched glass shader to mesh...now mirror is perfect and it's still breaking like glass, lol...whatever ...i thought you wrote in directions that breaking will only work on glass, i guess this is unintentional.
tall70
Beginner

Re: Breakable vehicle Mirrors

Postby Oleg » Tue May 16, 2017 1:46 am

it is technically possible to combine render-shader and behavior-preset like it was in gta4, but I haven't tried it. So, it might be possible to combine glass behavior on mesh or paint shaders. It might need some deep testing that I'm not yet able to perform.
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby tall70 » Tue May 16, 2017 3:39 pm

Thanks for response on this topic......It works for me 100% But i did separate mesh shader just for mirrors.

Maybe some day there could be mirror shader with preset black detail, blank normal, generic white spec, all those others already figured out for best mirrors. Couldn't glass and this have already pre-filled Crash in material properties? And then directions could be updated with all necessities...making dummies, collision model like for glass with crash line and all that. And obviously there has to be made box inside of mirror just like for lights.
tall70
Beginner

Postby TomcattersVF31 » Mon May 29, 2017 8:50 am

Wait, so... Is it possible to make breakable mirrors by using objects with mesh shader, but glass like COL mesh?
TomcattersVF31

Postby tall70 » Wed May 31, 2017 7:11 am

Yes, make it misc parts mesh shader with All Glass breaking parameters including collisions. However like I explained above, you going to have to model boxes inside of a mirrors so when they break there is no see through hole, or because mirrors are pretty poly cheap, you can copy and flip whole mirror belly.... if you need to you can see what I have done on E 109 in gta5mods, it's unlocked
tall70
Beginner

Postby TomcattersVF31 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:38 pm

tall70 wrote:Yes, make it misc parts mesh shader with All Glass breaking parameters including collisions. However like I explained above, you going to have to model boxes inside of a mirrors so when they break there is no see through hole, or because mirrors are pretty poly cheap, you can copy and flip whole mirror belly.... if you need to you can see what I have done on E 109 in gta5mods, it's unlocked

Thanks and yea, I know what you mean. Will be helpful in the future.
TomcattersVF31

Return to Grand Theft Auto V