Desperate for help (Tutorial)

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.

Moderator: madga182

Desperate for help (Tutorial)

Postby GodandAirborne » Wed May 03, 2017 3:54 am

To whom it may concern...

I really hate to ask this, because I know it has been asked before and I really don't want this message to be met with contempt, but can someone please post an easy to follow, foolproof tutorial on how to create a GTA V ped? Here's the deal: I have tried unsuccessfully to convert an .obj model into a working ped for GTA V; almost a week now. I can't tell you how close I've been to success, but everytime I load the model in GTA V, it crashes my game. I'm hitting a snag somewhere, but I don't know where. I'm starting from scratch today, but this time I seek help. I've watched Quechus 13's videos and even Zabor TV's, but something isn't clicking. Please. Please will someone post a tutorial on how to create a ped. Write it as if you were walking an idiot through the process. Thank you.
GodandAirborne

Re: Desperate for help (Tutorial)

Postby JCB91 » Wed May 03, 2017 10:02 pm

Which version of ZModeler are you using?
JCB91

Postby GodandAirborne » Thu May 04, 2017 2:06 am

First off, thank you for your reply; I appreciate it. To answer your question, I'm using ZModeler 3, the latest/current edition.
GodandAirborne

Postby JCB91 » Thu May 04, 2017 2:58 am

What kind of material is your Default Material? I had problems with this, crashing GTA at the moment spawning it in.
I havent build a ped currently and I assume you did everything correct so I am just comparing to the experiences I had building s vehicle.
Maybe Oleg know more about this Default Material thing.
JCB91

Postby GodandAirborne » Thu May 04, 2017 5:11 am

Well, there is a Default Materials listed, but it's not set to any GTA V specific ped setting. The model does have it's own texture, and it's called Material #43. But yes, maybe Oleg can assist in this endeavor. I got the core basics down, but again, something isn't adding up. I might be missing a step or doing something that GTA V doesn't agree with.
GodandAirborne

Postby JCB91 » Thu May 04, 2017 5:49 am

In my case I had to apply a GTA shader preset to the Default Material, even if i had novisible object assigend with the material. By visible I mean non collision geometry. Try assigning a vehicle preset, maybe this helps.
JCB91

Return to Grand Theft Auto V