Cant import .yft models from GTA V

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.

Moderator: madga182

Cant import .yft models from GTA V

Postby Terabyte » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:51 am

When ever i try to import a .yft ped model into Zmodeler i get this error,
"Material initialization failed. file:RageMaterials.cpp line:345"
I cant find this same error anywhere else on the whole entire internet, so this must be a very rare issue that is probably easily fixable but I don't know how to fix it because i am new to Zmodeler. What i did is took the 4 files of a ped model from the GTA V .rpf directory which is the .ydd .yft .ymt and .ytd from Open IV, then i extracted them into a separate folder, Then i tried to import the .yft from that folder. I am using version 3.1.4(Build 1142). What am i doing wrong?
Terabyte

Re: Cant import .yft models from GTA V

Postby Oleg » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:34 pm

this error could appear on improperly installed ZModeler (missing or corrupt files). Additionally, it could be a result of misconfiguration of rendering device.

first of all, redownload zmodeler3.zip and unpack it into a different folder. make sure to run zmodeler3.exe "as Administrator". If you use Win10, it's preferable to run compatibility wizard and set compatibility to "Windows 7".

second, make sure to download and install this package: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... px?id=8109
This is a required DirectX 9.0c libraries. It will not downgrade your current DX installation, it will populate it with additional libraries only.

Finally, open "Settings" -> Rendering Device -> and ensure you set "Hardware@your_video_card". Press OK and restart ZM.

If still no luck, specify your video card details and video driver details.
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby Terabyte » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:50 am

I fixed it thanks, you were right, it was a missing file. My Norton security automatically removed the file texturesservice.zms because it deemed it a "risk". So i restored the file and it works!
Terabyte

Postby Oleg » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:16 am

it uses directx utilities library code inside to load textures (png, jpg and other images), may be some vulnerability is known by Norton antivirus regarding this code. I inspect entire zmodeler3.zip package via total virus scanner online to be sure it will be safe for most of antivirus software on the market. to be honest, zmodeler has a long time "false positive" alerts on Symantec products starting from year 2012 and I can't find a solution for this.
Oleg
Site Admin

Return to Grand Theft Auto V