Export unknown object name error

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.

Moderator: madga182

Export unknown object name error

Postby NorthwindJME » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:53 am

Everything was working fine when exporting this mod. That is until I decided to add more details and imported sultanrs_6cyl4 and sultanrs_6cyl4a, in the same way I imported the new seats and dufle bag. http://i.imgur.com/WiL87LF.png
NorthwindJME

Re: Export unknown object name error

Postby Oleg » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:21 am

each object in scene hierarchy should use the name that game can recognize. You can't assign arbitrary names (well, you can, but you'll get a warning of unknown object name). Additionally, game behavior with unknown objects is unpredictable: it can ignore them and draw the model fine, or these objects could cause conflict with other parts.

In your case, the engine model should be a part of game-known "chassis" object. If your object exceeds limitations, you can group several objects and assign this group as L0 component.

The filter will learn object names/IDs when you import models. Thus, for example, if you import some original model with some specific names in it, the filter will remember them and will not report "unknown object name". Of cause, I assume you import GTA5 model file for the filter to learn names.
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Export unknown object name error

Postby NorthwindJME » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:53 am

Thanks Oleg, grouping the objects resolved the issue.
NorthwindJME

Return to Grand Theft Auto V