Spoiler not drawing bullet holes

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.

Moderator: madga182

Spoiler not drawing bullet holes

Postby V.T. » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:36 pm

I modeled a spoiler and made a simple cuboid-shaped collision dummy for it. In-game, it seems the collision works, as the player doesn't clip through it when standing on a car. However, there are no bullet holes on the spoiler once I start shooting it. What do I do to make them appear?
V.T.

Re: Spoiler not drawing bullet holes

Postby Oleg » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:29 am

you should probably create a mesh-object collision instead of a dummy box; assign correct ID values onto collision's faces, so the game knows "material" to draw bullet effects and finally (and the most important), your geometry model requires L1 mesh, as the game uses L1 surface topology to draw scratches and bullet holes.
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby V.T. » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:14 am

The spoiler I made has all the models from L0 to L3.
I made the collision in this way: I drew a box shape from shapes menu (the one with capsules, spheres, cones etc.), scaled the box to fit the spoiler. and converted the box into a COL state.

I added the '116' flag to the spoiler COL selected beforehand, according to this tutorial:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=7349
but it still doesn't draw bullet holes. What do I do?
V.T.

Postby tall70 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:20 pm

Then get box Collision from something else original, merge it in, re-assign to existing default mat. And reshape it to your spoiler, So you can be sure nothing got missed
tall70
Beginner

Postby V.T. » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:16 am

tall70 wrote:Then get box Collision from something else original, merge it in, re-assign to existing default mat. And reshape it to your spoiler, So you can be sure nothing got missed

It worked, thank you. :)
V.T.

Return to Grand Theft Auto V