GTA V character (Player, NPC) modding

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.

Moderator: madga182

Re: GTA V character (Player, NPC) modding

Postby Frostyy » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:14 am

It's like a month since I looked at it, but I'm pretty sure yeah, cant remember for sure. Got some ideas for if and if not?
Frostyy

Postby lawdy » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:02 am

Frostyy wrote:It's like a month since I looked at it, but I'm pretty sure yeah, cant remember for sure. Got some ideas for if and if not?

If it shows in OpenIV but not ingame it could be a ymt problem, try taking a ymt file from a ped that you know works and has the amount of components you want, and see if it works. Also sometimes exporting to ODD and then re-importing works
lawdy

Postby Deadspin » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:48 am

Frostyy wrote:It's like a month since I looked at it, but I'm pretty sure yeah, cant remember for sure. Got some ideas for if and if not?

So when I'm adding textures to a shirt or a new component, first I load the character up in GTAV (story mode) and, with the enhanced native trainer, I check to see what their categories are. If I had a screenshot handy I'd show you, but the categories like "hair / head / shirt / pants / accessories" all correspond to a specific entry in the .ymt file.

For example, here's the .ymt file for a custom Sheriff ped.

Each one of those "item" categories is for a different piece of the ped. So when you're adding, lets say, a jacket component and you list it as uppr_003_u in Zmodeler (Bracketing it in with the other "Uppr" ped pieces), you need to find the item category in the .ymt that corresponds with the other upper pieces and add a new item index to it so that the game knows to look for a third upper piece. It's the same rule with textures. If you're looking to add, lets say, multiple shirt textures to the ranger ped so that you can have shirts with individual character names on them to choose from, you need to go into that particular item's config in the ymt and add more corresponding texture entries.

There's nothing you need to do with peds in zmodeler to get it to look for new/different textures. You just need to build the texture (using the same naming convention in sequential order) and then add the entries into the .ymt in the appropriate place.

So, vanilla shirt texture may be named "uppr_diff_001_a_uni" and its the only one in there. Copy it, edit it, then rename it "uppr_diff_001_b_uni" and, once the ymt is edited, the game will know that there is a second available texture for that piece.
Deadspin

Postby Frostyy » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:21 am

Thank you guys SOOOOO much for all your help and guidence, I'll definitely use this as a knowlage base during my next project and after buying a licence :))

One more question tho xD Where in the hierarchy do I add a new, lets say, uppr, in zmod?
Frostyy

Postby Deadspin » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:52 am

Frostyy wrote:Thank you guys SOOOOO much for all your help and guidence, I'll definitely use this as a knowlage base during my next project and after buying a licence :))

One more question tho xD Where in the hierarchy do I add a new, lets say, uppr, in zmod?

No idea TBH. I just kind of threw mine in randomly.
Deadspin

Previous

Return to Grand Theft Auto V