Weapon magazine doesn't show up in cut-scenes

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.

Moderator: madga182

Weapon magazine doesn't show up in cut-scenes

Postby metroidguy » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:33 pm

This problem has been around since zmodeler has supported editing weapons. The weapons work fine in-game but during cut scenes the magazine disappears?
Take for example this M-16 I made a while ago:

Instances where you can see the invisible magazine:
1:29
4:05
5:08
6:20

during the cut-scenes the magazine fails to show up.
I will leave a .z3d file and .ydr so it can be checked. These files are for my scar-h I made a while ago, which has the same bug, in fact every modded weapon has this bug.

https://mega.nz/#!e0oViY5B!2Bjdkf4whlib ... eI0b7VdrcI
metroidguy
Beginner

Re: Weapon magazine doesn't show up in cut-scenes

Postby Oleg » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:37 pm

does this bug appear anywhere else beside cut scenes? may be in some in-game editor or anything?
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby metroidguy » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:45 pm

Oleg wrote:does this bug appear anywhere else beside cut scenes? may be in some in-game editor or anything?

Well, the modded magazines tend to disappear in-game and in Rockstar editor as well when the camera zooms the gun to the point where it covers the whole screen. But other than that there's no other instances where the bug manifests.
metroidguy
Beginner

Postby metroidguy » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:55 am

Do you have any ideas of what could be going on?
metroidguy
Beginner

Postby _Vlad_ » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:42 am

There's same bug in GTA Online with default weapons, the magazine doesnt show up during cutscene, but i remember, its was ok before rockstar released some updates.
_Vlad_
Beginner

Postby Oleg » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:31 am

according to your description it looks like game "thinks" collision/visibility volumes are misplaced and probably not seen by camera at some angles, so it turns off rendering of some objects. just a guess thought.

P.S. Is there an updated scripthook anywhere? I can't run the game to make any test since recent update.
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby metroidguy » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:36 am

Oleg wrote:according to your description it looks like game "thinks" collision/visibility volumes are misplaced and probably not seen by camera at some angles, so it turns off rendering of some objects. just a guess thought.

P.S. Is there an updated scripthook anywhere? I can't run the game to make any test since recent update.

Well I was thinking about that for the in-game problems but the cut-scene problems (as seen above) you can clearly see the rifle has no mag and it's pretty much in the vision of the player. And no the script hook has not been updated, I'm using my game without script mods for now and who knows when it will be updated so I recommend downgrading to last version :/
metroidguy
Beginner

Postby Oleg » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:59 am

i have no ideas on how to downgrade game version. I use scripthook for native trainer and for openIV's "mods" folder to work.
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby metroidguy » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:06 pm

Oleg wrote:i have no ideas on how to downgrade game version. I use scripthook for native trainer and for openIV's "mods" folder to work.

You don't need script hook for mods folder to work, you can just install ASIloader in OpenIV for mods folder to work, from there I'm sure you can run the game without the trainer, after all you only have to run the tests with carbinerifle right?
metroidguy
Beginner

Postby metroidguy » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:48 am

Did you manage to get it working @Oleg ?
metroidguy
Beginner

Postby Oleg » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:53 am

no, i'm not working on this issue currently. I'm messing with non-gta5 related stuff at the moment.
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby Oleg » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:29 am

the game refuses to load modified .rpf files, still getting "script hook fatal error" at game startup. removed all associated stuff, updated and enabled asi loader in OpenIV menu and got "script hook fatal error" again.

Original dinput8.dll is 140Kb, when ASI loader installs, it drops to 129Kb (assuming this is a DLL with script hook injected code).

doh... just found Script hook was updated and released few hours ago :)
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby metroidguy » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:37 pm

Oleg wrote:the game refuses to load modified .rpf files, still getting "script hook fatal error" at game startup. removed all associated stuff, updated and enabled asi loader in OpenIV menu and got "script hook fatal error" again.

Original dinput8.dll is 140Kb, when ASI loader installs, it drops to 129Kb (assuming this is a DLL with script hook injected code).

doh... just found Script hook was updated and released few hours ago :)

Yes I was about to tell you that lol, well let me know what you find out while testing the files I sent you!
metroidguy
Beginner

Postby metroidguy » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:07 am

Any progress on this Oleg?
metroidguy
Beginner

Postby Oleg » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:39 am

no, working on another issue at the moment.
Oleg
Site Admin

Return to Grand Theft Auto V