UV Mapper Bug

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.

Moderator: madga182

UV Mapper Bug

Postby P2_D2 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:10 am

Hi.

I try to modify the UVs of a GTA vehicle to make it texturable.
I generated new UV on the parts that interested me and I made a new layout.
However I worked two days and all the UV's that I did yesterday do not appear in the renderings while they are visible in the UV map.
Why ? I can't generate old UV because this creates many mistakes.
I want to be able to see the existing UV on each channel without regenerating anything

I'm 3D modeler on MAYA and UV's are so much simpler and practical.
P2_D2

Re: UV Mapper Bug

Postby Oleg » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:25 am

ensure target object has enough UV channels in properties->mesh->vertices->format. e.g. you can't edit UV#3 when object has 2 uv channels only. it will work, until you try to save the scene (saving will abandon uV#3 with respect to 2 uv channels limitation).

second, you can't change topology of an object being uv-edited. literally, you can't detach/attach/weld or delete anything on an object wile it's UV is being edited in UV Mapper. If you do, use "Edit UV" tool again to get correct/updated UV-editing geometry in UV Mapper. Closing UV Mapper from time to time after editing objects is recommended to avoid accumulation of inconsistent and non-matching UV charts in UV Mapper.
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby P2_D2 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:09 pm

Hi.

I don't create new UV Channel. I work on UV#2. I modify the existing UV but I don't modify the 3D model.
when I open my scne, I can see my uvs in the UV Mapper but they don't appear when I render.
I can move them but scale don't work.

Any ideas ?
P2_D2

Postby tall70 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:33 pm

I guess find some yt video and watch closely how exactly they manipulate UV mapping. It's just a little differences in ZM. It's working quite nicely once you get to know all it's little features.

If you altering existing mapping with keep old mapping selected, assuming you doing dirt UV2, as u moving your mesh in UV mapper you should see changes in other viewers... if that's all what you are doing in your project and you don't see it in game, something else is going on, maybe you not replacing the correct vehicle location in open4
tall70
Beginner

Postby P2_D2 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:36 am

Hi.

My problem is different. I will try to explain again.

I wan't to create a new skin for the Gta5's Taco Van. I did it and everything work in Open IV
screen02.jpg

I generate UV for the parts I wanted to change and keep the ones that were good. I worked in the good UV channel and I got the result that I wanted.

Now I have to render my UV to go to photoshop.
Here is what I see in the UV Mapper by opening my scene and what appears when I run a rendering
screen01.jpg

I try to generate old UV with the Edit UV tool but it destroys parts of my UV. And it displays duplicate UV, new I have generated and old who was there at the opening of the scene.
screen03.jpg

For the moment my only solution is to try to export my model into Maya to render my UV.
Can you fix UV mapper or find any solutions ?

Thank you.
P2_D2

Postby Oleg » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:16 am

possibly caused by using "continuous mesh surface" option in "Edit UV" tool.
Oleg
Site Admin

Return to Grand Theft Auto V