GTA 5 Headlight Modding

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.

Moderator: madga182

GTA 5 Headlight Modding

Postby god_bmxes » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:20 am

Hello all, I am new to the moding community on GTA 5 and was looking for some help and guidance. I am wanting to do some editing of some headlight and tail lights on one of the base vehicles. To be more specific I am wanting to add "angel eye" style headlights to the Sandking in game and maybe some led style tail lights. I have looked for the past 5 hours trying to find some kind of tutorial and have not been able to find anything. Does anyone know how I could do the headlight mod or know of a good tutorial. Below are some links to an example of what I am wanting to do.

Example - https://www.gta5-mods.com/vehicles/bmw-1m
god_bmxes

Re: GTA 5 Headlight Modding

Postby C10Frost » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:19 am

There's not going to be any specific kind of tutorial on how to make angel eye lights, but I know how you could go about it.
Obviously you'll need ZM3, and the ring models. Assuming you have both, and have the models already imported into ZM you'll need to apply vehicle_lightsemissive material to the new models: Click polygon mode (top of the screen, in the middle) click on the model, select all the polys you want to light up, click properties tab (scene nodes browser) click the +mesh to expand, +polygons to expand, select the material you want and then go up to 'external state' and change the 0 to one of these two ID numbers, depending on which side of the vehicle it's on:
right headlight: 2
Left headlight: 1
Click apply, if you don't click apply it won't keep these new settings. Switch over to vertex level, properties again and apply the same ID number you applied the first time, click apply.

Now to attach the lights to the mesh:
Drag the new model into the hierarchy at the same level as the headlight model (can't be in the headlight model as a child) click the modify tab>attach. left click the angel eye model, then left click on the headlight model. Repeat as necessary until all models are attached to the headlight models.

You'll also want to do this same thing again at least once more on the L1 model, so the lights will appear at a distance.
C10Frost

Postby god_bmxes » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:05 pm

Thank you for the reply C10frost, I think I am getting what you are saying. Gonna have top watch some more tutorial videos tonight on Z3. I am however having an issue with getting the vehicle to load properly in Z3. For an example I am using the Sandking and when I load it with the .ytd files I get a ton of errors and it is not fully detailed. I added a picture of what I am seeing at L0. Also is there any videos tutorials or guides on here you could reccomend to point me in the right direction? Thank you for the awesome help btw!
Attachments
Sandking Z3.PNG
god_bmxes

Postby C10Frost » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:30 pm

You'll need to have the vehicles texture file in the same folder as the file (.ytd) you're importing. Those errors are missing textures.
C10Frost

Postby god_bmxes » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:44 pm

I see, I will find the files in the directory and add them over. having troble selecting the right area right now but it may be an issue with the missing dds files
god_bmxes

Return to Grand Theft Auto V