texture issue

SCS Software ATS and ETS2 editing using ZModeler3 filter. Models, Materials, Animation.

Moderators: Oleg, _RicH_

texture issue

Postby evanscornelius » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:42 am

Hello everyone, I'm having an issue with texture displaying in my truck. I The mat and tobj paths are correct but in game the textures are showing correctly on certain parts of the truck like the floor, climate, trailer lever, and tablet, but when i import the interior into zmodeler the textures show up where they belong. HELP....
http://s919.photobucket.com/user/evanscornelius28/media/ats_00002_zpsz6lri6hs.png.html
http://s919.photobucket.com/user/evanscornelius28/media/ats_00003_zpsckpx5nzb.png.html
evanscornelius

Re: texture issue

Postby Oleg » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:34 am

show contents of associated MAT file.
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby evanscornelius » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:55 am

evanscornelius

Postby Oleg » Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:37 am

not sure what the problem is in... can you show the same model in ZModeler with correct textures/materials assignment? also, point explicitly a model/part/fragment with problematic material, as I thought we were talking about floor carpet, and now we seem to talk about wooden decorative panels, right?

Also, create a sphere/cube object, assign a "problematic" material onto it; move it to a windscreen, so it will be clearly seen in game; then use Modify\Attach to attach sphere/cube object to an existing interior model geometry. thus, you will be sure you are looking to your own modded model.

Finally, add some unique name to your material, It (might be possible) could be suppressed by a matching material file\location found in a different mod.

Summary: unique material name; unique (clearly visible new) object attached to the model to inspect material on; the .mat/.obj looks Ok to me. The only thing is I don't want you to edit TOBJ files manually, neither by any other tools. ZModeler will generate absolutely OK tobj files when export is configured properly.
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby evanscornelius » Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:03 am

I noticed that i see the texture on the floor but it's kinda grayed out. I've tried different shader materials and configurations with the same result, so it leaves me to wonder if it's just the object that's this way. I'm gonna try what you suggest to see what happens.

http://s919.photobucket.com/user/evanscornelius28/media/ats_00007_zpsgr8lyjnn.png.html

Update: I did what you said about adding the problematic texture to the sphere and i got the same result as the floor, how do i fix.
evanscornelius

Postby evanscornelius » Sat Dec 24, 2016 5:04 am

I've tried renaming the mat file as well as the texture and sadly the same result.
evanscornelius

Postby evanscornelius » Sat Dec 24, 2016 5:53 am

I figured out what it was, the texture somehow got messed up, so i reimported the texture and it worked. Thanks for helping me pinpoint the problem.
evanscornelius

Return to ATS and ETS2 by SCS Software