Zmod not working and help with mod.

SCS Software ATS and ETS2 editing using ZModeler3 filter. Models, Materials, Animation.

Moderators: Oleg, _RicH_

Zmod not working and help with mod.

Postby BrianC » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:50 pm

I have a couple of questions.
I am working on an completely new version of the Old Kenworth W900A. I am taking parts from the Original and the AMT conversion to recreate this truck.
Here is my problem.
I have Zmod 3. and when i export the truck. the truck shows as the original AMT Custom W900A. Not the modified one i just exported.
Anyone know what might be happening.?
The second Question is.
I have a 63 Inch sleeper and a 63 inch Aerodyne sleeper for the truck.
The 63 inch sleeper is from Viper2's 389. I need to add a second cab option for these 2 sleepers. Can someone explain how to add the second cab option, and how to make it a walkin without removing the whole back of the cab.
And finally.
I have looked all over the Viper2 Peterbilt 389, looking for the Textures and Mat files for the 63 inch sleeper, but am unable to locate them.
If someone here has used this sleeper on another truck, could you let me know where i could find them, and how they would be listed.?

And yes i have been in contact with Paul Pommes (Viper2) and Luan Dias (Pinga) and have their permission to use their parts.
Thank you.
Brian.

P.S. This is the first mod project i have tried, so yeah i dont know a whole lot, I am learning as i go.
BrianC

Re: Zmod not working and help with mod.

Postby Oleg » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:12 am

might be quite a hard work for the first mod project.

if the game shows original model instead of a modded, then your mod setup is wrong. the game reads model definitions and configuration files (*.sii files, possible hidden inside defs\ folder), and utilizes pmd+pmg files with respect to model setup. if you don't change *.sii files, your only option is to overwrite existing pmd+pmg files using the same name, same "folder location" (relative to "mods folder").
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Zmod not working and help with mod.

Postby BrianC » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:23 pm

Awesome thank you sir for the Information. I will check that out and see.
Yep its hard work on that truck, but i love the old W900A. and wanted to make it a better rig.
I cannot say how good it will come out. But i am giving it my best shot.
I will post screens as work progresses.....
Brian.
BrianC

Return to ATS and ETS2 by SCS Software