converting a trailer from ets2 to ats

SCS Software ATS and ETS2 editing using ZModeler3 filter. Models, Materials, Animation.

Moderators: Oleg, _RicH_

converting a trailer from ets2 to ats

Postby seantello21 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:52 pm

I need help on how to convert a trailer from ets2 to ats please.
seantello21

Re: converting a trailer from ets2 to ats

Postby Reinhard » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:05 am

Well, I have never done this. But the idea is to copy the trailer-related files into a mod, plus every file of the ETS 2 base which is used by the trailer, but isn't present in the ATS base.

All this is basically a question of analyzing which files are required, plus a bit editing of some definition files. This depends on what you want to achieve: if the trailer should only appear in the AI, or should be integrated into the economy? For jobs? The latter is a bit more complicated, I suppose. How much effort all this really is, and if there are any glitches to master, I simply don't know.

If you got trouble you couldn't solve yourself, you should seek for help in the official SCS forum. There, there are way more active people, familiar with this kind of modding, than here.

The task isn't really related to Zmodeler, as no model editing is required. ATS should deal with the basic ETS 2 trailer files (PMD, PMG, PMC, PMA and such) quite well, provided the files for ETS 2 are up-to-date.
Reinhard
Beginner

Re: converting a trailer from ets2 to ats

Postby seantello21 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:33 am

Thank you for replying and giving me this information
seantello21

Return to ATS and ETS2 by SCS Software