Zmod3 crashing on startup after latest update.

Troubleshooting gudes, solutions and other ZModeler3-related discussion

Moderators: Oleg, madga182

Zmod3 crashing on startup after latest update.

Postby DefendMyCereal » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:25 pm

I updated zmod3 earlier today (8/25/16) and restarted it but the exe file changed icons and everytime I try to start it through a shortcut Zmod crashes. But when I click on the exe itself it leads me to the window where I can chang Anti-Aliasing and cache settings but when I press apply, it crashes. Reinstalled Zmod 3.1.1 twice and reinstalled vcredist_x64 and directx_jun2010_redist.
DefendMyCereal

Re: Zmod3 crashing on startup after latest update.

Postby Oleg » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:55 pm

seems like ZModeler3_profile.xml file is corrupt or not accessible. You should unpack it from zmodeler3.zip archive again and restore your settings after starting ZModeler.
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby OfficerFive0 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:08 pm

how would i restore my settings from an older ZModeler3_profile.xml? (besides manually resetting them). or is there a area in ZModeler3_profile.xml that i can copy over?
OfficerFive0

Postby Oleg » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:20 pm

you can save them partially using Settings->Profile->editor. pick "preferences" branch and press "Save selected". then you can copy a saved .xml file into new zmodeler's "Install" folder. Additionally, you can copy "Services" branch settings too, but I suspect it could contain the cause of an appcrash.
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby OfficerFive0 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:38 am

Oleg wrote:you can save them partially using Settings->Profile->editor. pick "preferences" branch and press "Save selected". then you can copy a saved .xml file into new zmodeler's "Install" folder. Additionally, you can copy "Services" branch settings too, but I suspect it could contain the cause of an appcrash.

Thank you so much! i saved both and added them to my new zmod installation and everything seems to be working fine!
OfficerFive0

Return to ZModeler3 General discussion