Random CRASHING to desktop

Troubleshooting gudes, solutions and other ZModeler3-related discussion

Moderators: Oleg, madga182

Random CRASHING to desktop

Postby tall70 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:54 pm

I just opened ZM3 after some time, imported BISON truck, dismissed bodyshell, some doors, chassis, collision models to all these and before i could start any work i checked some of these parts to view, while i was checking boxes it crashed with this error in Event Viewer
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Application popup: ZModeler ver 3.1.3 (Build 1133): ZModeler3.exe - Application Error : The instruction at 0x6ef1a16a referenced memory at 0x3f800034. The memory could not be read.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This happened to me before many times and i thought while i was working it just got little too much of something, but this time i barely started anything...
Maybe it will help you if it's something you can do.
tall70
Beginner

Re: Random CRASHING to desktop

Postby Oleg » Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:49 am

were there any groups that you have ungroup?
Also, can you change Settings -> General -> Workflow -> Undo steps to 1, restart ZM and give a quick shot on the same operations? If the problem is in dismiss/ungroup/show/hide, the crash will occur very soon. let me know the result, please.
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby tall70 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:57 pm

Yes I did ungroup chassis Collision, but after I redo about same steps next time, it didn't happen again. And that's how it usually works, kind of random, true is i saved ones before I got to same point.

I will use your settings and work with it for a while. But if this means it's gonna have just 1 undo step, it might gonna to be too difficult for me.
tall70
Beginner

Postby Oleg » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:11 am

"random" crashing usually caused by undo chain releasing unused data that was some steps ago. by setting undo level to 1 you make it possible to locate the problematic operation easier. it is not suggested to work with just one undo step, it was suggested to run your chain of actions with just one undo step to find out whether crash occurs at some point.
Oleg
Site Admin

Return to ZModeler3 General discussion