Page 1 of 1

Licenses wont validate

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:44 am
by t0y
Hi,
I just got back from vacation and my license just wouldn't validate even with the key the website gave me, it only had a day left so I just decided to revoke it and buy a new one for a fresh start, and now it wont validate that one either. I am using the keys from the website and it just says Failed validation. Also sometimes on the website it gives me server errors, so could it just be the servers?

Thanks

Re: Licenses wont validate

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:23 am
by Oleg
the validation key on the website is for the very latest build of ZModeler only (to the moment 3.2.0 build 1176). if you are trying to apply validation key from the website to the older version, it will fail to apply. You can configure online validation in web account and in ZModeler, automatic online validation will work for any version of ZModeler.

Re: Licenses wont validate

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:17 am
by Hobby-Trucker
all you've written isn't functional.
I lost 3 days to use Zmod because the validation failed,permantly with the latest build

Re: Licenses wont validate

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:28 am
by Oleg
here's a license installation guide (copy from e-mail I've sent recently, might not apply perfectly to your case, but mostly very accurate in steps suggested).

============================
First of all, if you see an "updates available" icon flashing in the
bottom of ZM window, you should let ZM download and install updates.
If you keep getting "updates are available" flashing icon each time
you start ZModeler, then the problem is in ZModeler failing to update
its files.

The steps to fix this are:
1. (optionally) move ZModeler folder into C:\Program Files\ (the
folder Program Files (x86) is for 32-bit applications, while your copy
of ZM is 64-bit).

2. right-click on ZModeler folder, pick Properties, untick
"Read-only", press OK and specify "To all files and folders in this
fodler" and press Ok again.

3. Ensure you have "ZModeler.AutoPatch" file in ZModeler folder. If
you don't, unpack it from ZModeler3_x64.zip package again. Ensure you
have "Updates" folder (empty) in ZModeler folder;

4. Ensure no other zmodeler3.exe process is running in background,
press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open Task Manger, switch to "Processes" page
and scroll it down. Terminate zmodeler3.exe process if you find any in
a list (right-click, shutdown process).

5. right-click on ZModeler3.exe and pick "Troubleshooting" or
"Compatibility wizard" (can't remember exact name). Start
Compatibility wizard and specify "run compatibility test/options"
(can't remember exact name, its a second choice among two suggested);
pick a choice "this application was working on older versions of
windows", then "windows 7", then "Test application" -> ZModeler will
run. Close it, press "Next" and pick "Save compatibility settings".

6. Now you should start ZModeler and let it download updates, when you
restart ZModeler, it should not report any new updates available.

7. Remove both CodeLib files(s) from "Shared" folder of ZModeler,
start ZModeler and let it download/install updates again.

8. Log in to your web account, pick your platform on My computers page
and assign new password (e.g. 123456), press Submit;

9. Start ZModeler, open Account Setup window, specify your account
name and platform password (123456), press Ok and close ZModeler.

10. Start ZModeler, open License Information window and wait 3-5
seconds. ZModeler should start downloading license key and perform
validation. Once it propmts for restart, close ZModeler. At this point
you should have two "CodeLib" files in "Shared" folder. If you do,
license was installed properly.


When I do a TeamViewer sessons to assist on license installation, I do
steps above and it works in 90% cases. Remaining 10% cases is a wrong
platform ID specified in web account.

Re: Licenses wont validate

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:02 am
by Hobby-Trucker
I tried all steps but the virfivation isn't functional
i think we should use teamVIewer for any help

Re: Licenses wont validate

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:28 am
by Oleg
send me your team ID and password in PM.

Re: Licenses wont validate

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:49 am
by Hobby-Trucker
you've got a private message