Gforce wrote:this is one of the more amusing problems, even if I do the codelib file deletion and get zmod3 to update, If I set my account to auto validate etc it actually validates eventually...
If this does work (with no shift/copy stuff) you should pin to this method as it can eliminate most of problems.
I suggest you to
1. restart your PC or use Task Manager to ensure on other "zmodeler3.exe" process running.
2. make new folder for ZModeler located in C:\Program Files (x86)\ZModeler3 or something like D:\Soft\ZModeler3 . Do not use folders like C:\Users\GForce\...\Desktop\ZModeler3 or any other folder in C:\Users.
3. Add this ZModeler folder into exclude list of your antivirus.
4. unpack zmodeler files into this folder and start ZModeler. (Use Antialiasing = 4 samples if you get startup device error like shown on screen). Specify your account / password settings on "Account Setup" page, let ZM download updates and close ZM.
5. ensure your ZModeler files/folder is not read-only (right-click on folder, properties, read-only=off, Ok, "to all files and folders in it", ok.
6. Start ZM and open License Information page. You should see your license key downloaded and validated. Close ZM.
from this moment on, you should have "CodeLib.dynamic" file located in "Shared" folder. This file is updated each time you start ZM.
7. Start ZM again.
8. and open License Information page - your key should be there already, and online check should be in progress ending up with "Revalidate in ... days". Press Ok.
9. You can Open/Import now.
Later, you can skip #8 and go to Open/Import straight after starting ZM. Note, you should not use double-click on .z3d files to start and open file, as ZM requires some time to install and load license at startup.
Everything else seems to be correct on You PC. Let me know if the steps above does not work and which step of above goes wrong on your side.