License denies action

Troubleshooting and guides for managing your ZModeler3 account and licenses.

Moderator: Oleg

License denies action

Postby Meepler1 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:39 am

After I validated my license and got it working, I tried to import a GTA file and I get a message at the bottom saying my license denies this action. Also I was wondering if Sketch up models can be imported.
Meepler1

Re: License denies action

Postby Oleg » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:00 pm

License denies this action means "no license loaded". ZModeler works with license that it has loaded at startup, it will not work with license you've just submitted. So, after submitting your key and validation, you should restart ZModeler, to let it saves your license locally. Upon restart open "License Information" window: your license key should be there already. If it does, you can import/export/open/save. If it's not, your license was not saved locally.

To force ZM save your license:
1. add ZModeler into exclude list of your antivirus.
2. remove "CodeLib" files from "Shared" folder and start ZModeler once, so it download fresh empty license storage file; then close ZModeler and ensure it has got new CodeLib.zmx file in "Shared" folder.
3. start ZModeler with administrative privileges and perform activation. Then close ZModeler and ensure you've got CodeLib.dynamic file in "Shared" folder too. If you do, license is not stored locally.

You can load sketchup files via intermediate "Collada DAE" import/export.
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby randybangun » Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:16 pm

Mr. Oleg my license has expired.
randybangun

Postby Oleg » Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:51 pm

You can purchase a license in account and activate it.
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby tall70 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:08 pm

Hello...Zmodeler at this moment is online but won't recognize my license, on your webpage in My licenses it states "never validated" even after i press validation and it shows code. It's all online i just updated to 3.1.5 and restarted many times, but it always shows create account statement. I also tried offline validation with no success, i tried turning off firewall, no difference....i have same license activated for almost year working not long ago.

I read above post "perform activation" how do i do that? I mean except offline pressing shift for second with validation code. I did try removing codelib files and after restarting ZM only 1 of 2 got recreated. I know at some point it was saying on bottom "there is something wrong with server" , so i guess i'll try later again
tall70
Beginner

Postby Oleg » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:07 am

Ensure your platform ID in ZModeler is exactly the same as you have in account; Assign new password onto your platform in account. Specify your account name and platform password in ZModeler and close it. Then activate your license again (I've paused it as it had wrong days on license key than there should be) and start ZModeler - this time it should be able to download your new license key and validate it.
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby tall70 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:43 am

Platform ID hadn't changed, and i was staring at it few times to make sure it's same. After my license moved to left to available licenses, i did reactivated, then paste key into ZM, but online validation failed every time with firewall off and every time i restarted ZM, i had same create account message there, pasted key, validation failed. Only thing worked was manual validation. But i was online whole time ZM even upgraded some languages again. Tanks for help, It works now after manual validation, 2nd codelib file is also back, but in My Licenses it still says never validated.
tall70
Beginner

Postby Oleg » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:42 am

@tall70, your platform:
Last activity: 16th of February 2017

change platform password in account and on zmodeler's account setup page.
Also, your license key stores just 205 days on it while your license still have about 390 days on it. you can revoke and activate license later to refresh its days. This happens from time to time randomly on some generated keys.
Oleg
Site Admin

Return to ZModeler3 Account and Licenses