Paint2 Shader Dirt UV Error

Modifications and related discussions forum

Moderators: Oleg, _RicH_

Paint2 Shader Dirt UV Error

Postby Minime891 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:47 pm

Hi Oleg,

So i have always wondered why the dirt mapping looks different to what it is in zmodeler. So i applied the texture with the mesh over layed to see what happens in game.
As you can see from the first pic that's what it's meant to look like and the second is it messed up.
But it seems to work fine on a single quad, no distortion at all.

Do you have any idea what could be happening. Or maybe away to bypass what's happening.

Cheers
Minime891

Re: Paint2 Shader Dirt UV Error

Postby Oleg » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:53 am

I haven't been messing with tdu for ages and can't be of much help.
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby Minime891 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:09 am

Oleg wrote:I haven't been messing with tdu for ages and can't be of much help.

It seems to be the actual game as i used a stock car with the dirt texture with it's own mesh and it distorts it some how.

If you ever have a figure of what it would take to make a new tdu2 filter pm me.
Minime891

Postby Oleg » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:51 pm

Porting zmodeler2 filters into zmodeler3 is a headache.. I'm having bad time porting Nfs:Shift (zmodeler2) to ProjectCars (zmodeler3) filter at the moment and it goes very slow (due to a significant changes in materials and scene core). very close to "write it complete from scratch" instead of "try to redesign and port it". :(
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby Minime891 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:16 am

Oleg wrote:Porting zmodeler2 filters into zmodeler3 is a headache.. I'm having bad time porting Nfs:Shift (zmodeler2) to ProjectCars (zmodeler3) filter at the moment and it goes very slow (due to a significant changes in materials and scene core). very close to "write it complete from scratch" instead of "try to redesign and port it". :(

Is it theoretically possible that making a new shader to handle what shader CarPaint2 does but call CarPaint3 and it work.

This sucks because i want to make my own dirt and damage texture but can't as you can't tell what the uv will do.
Minime891

Return to Test Drive Unlimited