[IV] Converting model to iv help

GTA San Andreas and GTA Vice City discussion.

Moderators: Oleg, _RicH_

[IV] Converting model to iv help

Postby firstmada » Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:26 am

I have a 3d model and watched a tutorial on how to do it but he said when importing obj to make sure to have split by groups on. When importing there is no split by group option but there is in materials editor. I need to import my model so it shows a list of drawcolls down the side and I should do it by importing with split by groups on. Any ideas how to do this so I can import with a list of drawcolls down the side
firstmada

Re: [IV] Converting model to iv help

Postby Automan » Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:52 am

In 10 years 'split by groups' it was always equal to 'split by materials', for me...
Maybe we need some of the groups parameters in .obj... :?
Automan

Postby Oleg » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:04 am

split by groups is in most of cases restores original objects you had in scene. E.g. it could restore just three objects using 15 different materials on them;

split by materials will restore 15 objects out of original 3 objects, and each object will use its own unique material.
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby firstmada » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:12 am

thanks for the help but how would I import the obj file so that it will show a list of drawcolls instead of showing just one file
firstmada

Postby Oleg » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:48 am

split by group mode should be set in import window; this applies to an OBJ that actually have groups information in it. Quite possible your OBJ has no such an info.

Also, if I'm not mistaken each DrawCall is associated with new shader/material, so your proper choice for import could be "Split by materials".
Oleg
Site Admin

Return to Grand Theft Auto