GTA IV: .WFT import filter in ZModeler v2.2.1

GTA San Andreas and GTA Vice City discussion.

Moderators: Oleg, _RicH_

Postby IWANT2MODCARS » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:15 am

SUM1 PLEASE JUST POST THE gtaiv FILTER FILE !!!! plz!!
IWANT2MODCARS
 

Postby Oleg » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:02 pm

you need to run ZMAutoUpdate to get latest updates. Or, download http://www.zmodeler2.com/files/zmodeler2.zip
There is a wft filter there.
User avatar
Oleg
Site Admin
 
Posts: 7524
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2004 3:54 am

Bikes

Postby Kicsur » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:31 am

Hey Oleg!

Smokey also asked this question before, i know.

So, i got a problem with the bikes. When i change something on a bike, the front wheel wrecks. What can i do? PLS HELP!

I NEED YOUR HELP OLEG!
Kicsur
 

Postby Oleg » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:41 am

what do you mean by "front wheel wrecks"? make sure you use the latest version of filter. run ZMAutoupdater to get updates.
User avatar
Oleg
Site Admin
 
Posts: 7524
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2004 3:54 am

Postby slyde » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:14 am

Hi! i've the lastest version of Z and 'im working in a BMW! but when i try to export it (WFT file) it says "out of memory" (sorry, i'm portuguese...)

I'm runnin' vista (32) and i've 3gb of ram...

what can i do to fix that?
slyde
 

Postby XSB » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:25 am

it mostly is caused by having the "Store textures" or whatever ticked in the export options. Untick it
XSB
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:43 am

Zmodeler export WFT

Postby onclsam13 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:53 am

Hi, Zmodeler makes me mad! :(
sorry for my English
I have a model car "GTA's" So the format. "Dff" and I want to convert. "WFT" j''exporte in my model. WFT on my desk, the problem is that the model is exported "0 KB" so it is not valid, although I created a scene with a "airtug" Then I import my model "dff" I had nothing to do I can not do? then please help me on google I found nothing definite.
PS: I have the latest full version.
This is the model I want to convert for GTAIV!
Image
onclsam13
 

Postby _RicH_ » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:14 am

you cannot just import the dff and export as wft, the model needs setting up.. parts renaming, materials set, hierarchy etc, see examples pack.
_RicH_
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2004 7:34 am
Location: UK

Postby GE0 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:10 pm

Hi, i have a problem, i exported wft file with spark, and opened with zmodeler, then i exported again to wft file (i didn't modified it) it didn't worked. what changed? why i can even import and export properly? when i exported wft , file size was 0bit, and i notest that few peases were renamed after import, what i'm doing wrong?
GE0
 

Postby Oleg » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:55 pm

you need to import properly and export properly. no warning or errors should be in a log window.
User avatar
Oleg
Site Admin
 
Posts: 7524
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2004 3:54 am

Postby Guest » Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:22 am

if you like more bumpers etc just make sure the bones ( dyummy helpers ) for the diffrent bumpers are on the exact same spot just copy one and rename the copy and leave it on that place

this way the game will never place these to on the same time

( just discovered this by trying )
Guest
 

Postby Easy Rider » Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:12 am

Hi,

I have a problem with dirt. I can't set it.
In game dirt looks like brown stripes on the body.
How do I set it up ?

Second problem are "floating" wheels. How to reduce it ?

Thanks
Easy Rider
 

Postby _RicH_ » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:55 am

you need to map the dirt, i think it uses the secondary UV channel.

floating wheels might be COL for wheel is wrong, or scaled wrong.
_RicH_
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2004 7:34 am
Location: UK

Postby Chasez » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:52 am

_RicH_ wrote:you need to map the dirt, i think it uses the secondary UV channel.

floating wheels might be COL for wheel is wrong, or scaled wrong.

dirt is on uv#2 only for paint1 shader.

wheel collision must be scaled down abit.
User avatar
Chasez
Beginner
 
Posts: 248
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:34 am

Postby Easy Rider » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:37 am

Thanks.
Dirt is ok now.

If I improve the collision, the wheels no longer float but they are so big. :-/
Easy Rider
 

Wonderwall

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:22 am

How to make transparent lights texture ?
http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/160/asdfgm.jpg
Guest
 

Re: Wonderwall

Postby [AX]FB » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:09 am

Anonymous wrote:How to make transparent lights texture ?
http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/160/asdfgm.jpg

http://imgur.com/cdz9c.png
[AX]FB
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:50 am
Location: Latvia

Re: Wonderwall

Postby Chasez » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:14 am

[AX]FB wrote:
Anonymous wrote:How to make transparent lights texture ?
http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/160/asdfgm.jpg

http://imgur.com/cdz9c.png


not for GTA IV.
User avatar
Chasez
Beginner
 
Posts: 248
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:34 am

Re: Wonderwall

Postby [AX]FB » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:26 pm

Chasez wrote:
[AX]FB wrote:
Anonymous wrote:How to make transparent lights texture ?
http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/160/asdfgm.jpg

http://imgur.com/cdz9c.png


not for GTA IV.


Then make transparent texture.
[AX]FB
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:50 am
Location: Latvia

Postby silvermanblue » Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:48 pm

Hi, I was wondering what I have to do to make a car model have multiple textures. Like the burrito, I know it takes more than the +livery option in the vehicle IDE
silvermanblue
 

Postby Chasez » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:19 pm

silvermanblue wrote:Hi, I was wondering what I have to do to make a car model have multiple textures. Like the burrito, I know it takes more than the +livery option in the vehicle IDE


well open burrito.wft and take a look :) wouldn't that be easy?
User avatar
Chasez
Beginner
 
Posts: 248
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:34 am

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:35 am

Chasez wrote:
silvermanblue wrote:Hi, I was wondering what I have to do to make a car model have multiple textures. Like the burrito, I know it takes more than the +livery option in the vehicle IDE


well open burrito.wft and take a look :) wouldn't that be easy?


Well yes but I didnt notice any differences from a normal car. Is it maybe in the hierarchy?
Guest
 

Postby Chasez » Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:46 am

Anonymous wrote:
Chasez wrote:
silvermanblue wrote:Hi, I was wondering what I have to do to make a car model have multiple textures. Like the burrito, I know it takes more than the +livery option in the vehicle IDE


well open burrito.wft and take a look :) wouldn't that be easy?


Well yes but I didnt notice any differences from a normal car. Is it maybe in the hierarchy?


no, it's in paint3 material. Take a look at second layer texture and take a look at the texture folder. Maybe now you will see the difference :)
User avatar
Chasez
Beginner
 
Posts: 248
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:34 am

Re: GTA IV: .WFT import filter in ZModeler v2.2.1

Postby Chasez » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:54 am

Oleg, I got this warning message that I personaly think is a false warning and here's why:

Using texture "vehicle_generic_smallspecmap" which doesn't suit settings for shader "gta_vehicle_paint3".

abviously Paint3 shader does use "vehicle_generic_smallspecmap" texture. This is not the first time but funny thing is that on some models it appears and on some it doesn't. So what's wrong here?
User avatar
Chasez
Beginner
 
Posts: 248
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:34 am

Re: GTA IV: .WFT import filter in ZModeler v2.2.1

Postby Oleg » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:29 am

Chasez wrote:Oleg, I got this warning message that I personaly think is a false warning and here's why:

Using texture "vehicle_generic_smallspecmap" which doesn't suit settings for shader "gta_vehicle_paint3".

abviously Paint3 shader does use "vehicle_generic_smallspecmap" texture. This is not the first time but funny thing is that on some models it appears and on some it doesn't. So what's wrong here?

Texture layer configuration should exactly match shader needs. There could be a texture layer with different "Apply as" settings. This warning will popup when filter uses a texture with slightly-different "Apply as" settings for particular shader.
User avatar
Oleg
Site Admin
 
Posts: 7524
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2004 3:54 am

PreviousNext

Return to Grand Theft Auto

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest